I am a mom to three awesome kids and a blind, diabetic dog, that likes to poop on expensive rugs. Necessity being the mother of invention, I am a jack of all trades. Since my teens I’ve owned and run several successful business enterprises which include everything from sewing clothes to piano lessons. After earning my BA at BYU, I taught high school theater and English for a few years. For the last fifteen-plus years, in addition to being a mom, I’ve been working as the office manager at my husband’s medical practice. I enjoy spending time with family, being active in my church, and sleeping when I’m not reading or writing.
If you’d like to contact me, my email address is: ShelaOaksBurdge@gmail.com
Just for fun, here are a dozen things most people don’t know about me:
- I buy myself gifts for Christmas.
- At one time I ate dill pickles with chocolate sauce and liked it.
- In my opinion, canned peas are too gross for words.
- When I was a teen I wrote lots of music and won awards for some.
- I can’t dance. Well, I can, but it usually looks dorky.
- If I could spend the months of July and August in the pool, I would.
- At one time my dearest dream was to have a minivan.
- I’m dyslexic.
- Popular Science is my favorite magazine.
- Cooking is my husband’s forte, not mine.
- My imaginary friend was a tarantula.
I’m addicted to cruising.